From publishing and illustrating their own stories to exploring the West in a survival adventure, kids ages 8 and older will get a taste of a wide variety of subjects in Elementary Advantage 2002. Engaging activities cover grammar, spelling, reading, social studies, geography, science, basic math, fractions, and beginning typing. A junior encyclopedia customized to this age group makes learning come alive with articles, images, Web links, and more.
Customizable features include user-controlled navigation and self-paced study, progressive levels of complexity, and progress reports. There are reference materials, including notes, libraries, and glossaries, as well as multimedia features such as audio, video, photos, 3-D-rendered images, and animation. The instructional puzzles and games come with adjustable skill levels to reinforce academic content. The program is hassle-free with easy installation and use, simple, streamlined navigation, and it allows you to track each user’s scores and progress.
Boost grades and strengthen skills in 10 core subjects with the most complete study resource. Engaging multimedia, interactive tutorials and arcade-style activities combine learning and fun. Math, science and grammar have never been so captivating and accessible
- Learn the rules of grammar and how to read like never before!
- More then 6,000 words and phrases
- Exciting games featuring adjustable skill levels
- Word identification, sentence completion, rhyming, phonics and parts of speech
- Get a head start on spelling and vocabulary skills with activities, games and puzzles!
- Word recognition, association and accuracy
- Over 1,000 words in a fully interactive spelling bee
- Completely customizable vocabulary lists
- Develop reading comprehension and deductive reasoning.
- Hidden facts, clues, and progressing levels of difficulty
- Over 200 reading selections in either timed or un-timed environments
- 500 definitions for more advanced words
- Express creativity and imagination through writing!
- Build creative writing skills and foster language development
- Enhance stories using illustrations, background, stamps and other art tools
- “Publish” your story with page layout options and editing tools
- “Go West” on one of history””””s greatest adventures!
- An experience involving travel, trading, hunting and survival skills
- Full soundtrack and nearly 200 speaking characters
- Hundreds of photographic and 3D rendered images
- Expand essential math skills for success in school and beyond!
- Fast-paced arcade-style games provide fun math practice
- Tutorials cover multiplication, division, decimals and more
- Numerous problem sets and multiple levels of play reinforce lessons
- Gain a thorough understanding of fractions!
- Four animated activities realistically depict fraction concepts
- Lessons include identifying, ordering, equivalency, and multiple representation
- Multiple levels of play with a diagnostic help feature
- Cross the globe on an amazing journey!
- Use cultural and landmark clues to achieve your goals
- Become familiar with new cities, states and countries
- 16 videos on the interesting people and wildlife of the world
- Explore the amazing world of science behind technology!
- Hundreds of fact-filled animations bring science to life
- Familiar gadgets illustrated and explained in fascinating detail
- Renowned inventors from 700 B.C. to the present
- Boost typing speed and accuracy with this fun and challenging program.
- Four arcade-style games
- Customizable features lets you personalize practice sessions
- Build vocabulary and language mechanics while increasing typing proficiency
BONUS! Junior Encyclopedia!
A powerful new multimedia encyclopedia and homework assistant designed especially for children ages 8-11. This comprehensive reference tool includes a plethora of authoritative entries, more than 2,870 photos and illustrations, and multiple video and animation files. Search easily for information; store and attach notes with a simple click of a button!
- Pentium 200 MHz or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, or Me
- 32 MB RAM
- 100 MB hard disk space
- 4x CD-ROM drive
- 800 x 600, 256-color video card
- 16-bit sound card